A5 x 2 on A4 sheet - ? possible to mail merge using Access/Word 2010

PurrSent

Board Regular
Hi

Using Office Pro 2010 / Win 10 1803

I need to print a letter, A5 size, so putting x 2 onto A4 landscape, then cutting after printing.

Is it possible to do this also using Mail Merge, so that each A5 letter has 'Dear [name]' etc, please? When I have tried before, only one of the two A5 letters gets the insertion of [name] etc.

If this is possible, it would enable me to personalise the letter just that little bit more, although not essential.

I would search on internet but I really don't know what 'keywords' to use and I need to print these letters tonight or tomorrow morning so only little free time available.

Many, many thanks for any (easy, step-by-step) help / advice (Yes, I know, I want icing on the cake and eat it too ;) )

%

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
That is quite simple, really. For example:
• create a two-column table, with your content in the first cell, then configure the mailmerge main document for a label merge, click 'update labels' then complete the merge. Naturally, you'll need to play around with the table size, position & margins to get the desired layout for each 'page'; you'll also need to set the table's wrap properties to 'around'; or
• give your mailmerge main document a two-column page layout, with a suitable space between the columns, insert a column break at the end of the first column, copy the data from the first column to the second, then insert a 'NextRecord' field at the top of the second column.

Upvote 0
Macropod

Firstly, my sincere apologies. I replied to your post last night, at 12mn, thanking you so very much for your post. I said how impressed I was with you guys on here. However, I've just come back to the post to now attempt to try out the methods you described but there's NO POST of mine here!!! I can only think I didn't 'post' it properly.

I'm so very sorry

Anyway, I'm very impressed with your response. I haven't had time to try your suggestions yet. I'll post back once I have something to post, quite possibly in the way of a question if I've got stuck somewhere ;)

%

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back