I need advice on the excel - access integration

stefanoste78

Board Regular
could I put an excel file in access and then create an executable?
The executable should be sent to users who will run the macro and automatically the results will be sent in an excel master sheet or database contained on drive or dropbox etc.
Moreover, as with any software, when you open the executable you should update the Excel file including the macro by virtue of the changes made to the master file.
In this way I will not need to send users files every time there are updates and I will also overcome the problem of different versions and applications of Excel.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
No, it's not. Though it's not really clear what you're asking. Have you had a look at split databases?

Upvote 0
No executables.
,but you can do it in excel w macros.
or give each user an access db to process the XL data.

Upvote 0
No, it's not. Though it's not really clear what you're asking. Have you had a look at split databases?

I would like users to perform operations by sending them data from which to start at different times and automatically receive the information they need.
Since it is a work to do over time I would like to be able to automatically update the macro without having to make further file submissions over time.
I thought an executable created with access could work like a program.
Thank you

Upvote 0
done only with the macros you could load a master file on a dropbox connected to files sent by email to users. These files could automatically transfer data to receive and send but this implies both the fact that I should send an email every time the file is updated is the fact that the user file will have the access codes to dropbox then some users could access dropbox and edit other users 'data or simply extrapolate or know other users' data.

Upvote 0
No executables.
,but you can do it in excel w macros.
or give each user an access db to process the XL data.

I thought of an access executable since not all the PCs have access installed. done only with the macros you could load a master file on a dropbox connected to files sent by email to users. These files could automatically transfer data to receive and send but this implies both the fact that I should send an email every time the file is updated is the fact that the user file will have the access codes to dropbox then some users could access dropbox and edit other users 'data or simply extrapolate or know other users' data.

Upvote 0
I think you're thinking of the access runtime executable. This allows users to run split databases without installing access - they will need to install access runtime though and, you then send them the front end. Though this doesn't sound like what you are after.

Why couldn't you just do this with a single backend database what everyone has access to, but only show them the bits you want them to use? That way you can forget about all the emailing

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back