Map Citrix Network drive using UNC path VBA

ssingh75

There is MS access database placed on Citrix environment and i'm trying to Map the network drive but getting error message.

Path = \\abcd365.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\sites\CommunicationDev\test_tree\test\test1
I'm using the below code to map it....but getting error message.

Set objNet = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
If FolderExists(sharepointFileName) Then
objNet.RemoveNetworkDrive (strShareLetter)
Else
objNet.MapNetworkDrive strShareLetter, sharepointFileName, False, strUser, strPassword
End If

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Wondering about the special character(s) too. But if that's a literal post of the code line shouldn't it be enclosed in quotes? And where does the linking code make use of the Path variable?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"but getting error message"

what's the error message ?

and is the @ sign really valid in a path ?

Error message is 'the operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated'

Yes @ is valid because the URL format is https...and is converted to UNC path...n m trying to map network drive on citrix enviorment.

Upvote 0
"the user has not been authenticated"

well that sounds like its expecting a password

There is nothing wrong with id and password...When i tried to map network drive manually using the id and password it worked well.
But i've received the error message as mentioned in the previous comment when tried using VBA.

Its citrix environment where i would like to map the network drive of sharepoint path in UNC format.

Upvote 0
Code:
Else
objNet.MapNetworkDrive strShareLetter, sharepointFileName, False, strUser, strPassword
End If

This code fragment is incomplete - non of the variables are defined or given values. I think you might need to provide more details and describe how you are using the code.

Note that generally I've found citrix questions to be difficult to answer - most people don't have a citrix environment to test in and it appears that it can be quite different where VBA is involved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Code:
Else
End If

This code fragment is incomplete - non of the variables are defined or given values. I think you might need to provide more details and describe how you are using the code.

Note that generally I've found citrix questions to be difficult to answer - most people don't have a citrix environment to test in and it appears that it can be quite different where VBA is involved.

Below is the entire code...

On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

Dim Path As String
Dim pw As String
Dim Username As String
Dim docName As String
Dim docX As Variant

Dim Lvarbin() As Byte
Dim LobjXML As Object
Dim LstrFileName As String
Dim LvarBinData As Variant
Dim rtn As Boolean
'//Added by Susheel

Dim objNet As Object
Dim FS As Object
Dim objFolder As Object
Dim strShareLetter As String
Dim strURL As String, strUser As String, strPassword As String

strShareLetter = "S:"
strUser = "Singh.Susheelkumar@abc.com"
'' strUser = "abc\a12345"
strPassword = "Ad@ef1987"

PstrFullfileName = localPath

sharepointFileName=\\abcd.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\sites\CommunicationDev\test_tree\abd_UAT\Data

''''''' Map_Drive strShareLetter, sharepointFileName

Else
End If

Set FS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If FS.FileExists(PstrFullfileName) Then
'' If FS.FileExists(PstrTargetURL) Then
FS.CopyFile PstrFullfileName, PstrTargetURL
'' End If
End If

'//Code to remove the network drive

Set objNet = Nothing
Set FS = Nothing

ErrorHandler:
'' Debug.Print Err.Number & vbCrLf & Err.Description
MsgBox Err.Number & vbCrLf & Err.Description
'' GoTo ExitHandler
'' Resume

Upvote 0
I would recommend you comment out the On Error GoTo ErrorHandler statement at the top. You do not want to hide errors when you are debugging a problem. This will allow the code to break on the lines that are having problems.

One thing that looks strange to me (two things) are that localPath isn't defined anywhere (could be a global variable?):
Code:

Also this looks like it should be a string so it should be in quotes and I don't understand why it isn't in quotes:
Code:
sharepointFileName=\\abcd.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\sites\CommunicationDev\test_tree\abd_UAT\Data

again, remove the error handling so you can get the actual lines where errors occur.

Upvote 0
I would recommend you comment out the On Error GoTo ErrorHandler statement at the top. You do not want to hide errors when you are debugging a problem. This will allow the code to break on the lines that are having problems.

One thing that looks strange to me (two things) are that localPath isn't defined anywhere (could be a global variable?):
Code:

Also this looks like it should be a string so it should be in quotes and I don't understand why it isn't in quotes:
Code:

again, remove the error handling so you can get the actual lines where errors occur.

Yes, I've updated the code accordingly but not luck yet. Could you please provide me the code for the same....

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back