Access - Error message updating Database with linked tables

jlyn123

Office Version
  1. 2016
I am receiving the below error message when I try to run a query that is creating a table based on information pulling from multiple databases. It seems the only way to avoid this issue is to ask all users with tables that are linked to my database to close out though I can run this same query with no issues/error messages with another group of databases to update data tables. Do you have any idea why I am getting this error message? I did not find anything online relating to what I am doing that would resolve this issue.

Error message:
The database has been placed in a state by user ‘Admin’ on Machine “USWDMCLFH8PP32’ that prevents it from being opened or locked. Does this relate to my database having an issue or other users where I can trying to extract data from their tables? If it is another users database – what could be wrong with it that I would see this error or vice versa if this is my issue?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Is this a shared multi user app?
if so, is the db split?
if not, then you are the only one using it, so what did you do that caused the conflict?

Upvote 0
For shared use make sure all the databases are set to open in shared mode.

This is what I get when I just type msaccess open shared mode (Google has gotten very smart in recent years, but it also helps to get the right keywords).
  • Start Access and under File, click Options. Note, if you're using Access 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button and then click Access Options.
  • In the Access Options box, click Client Settings. ...
  • In the Advanced section, under Default open mode, select Shared, click OK, and exit Access.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back