Hide Cursor in form Text box

Mac1206

Board Regular
I have this Script for my text box and it's viewing as a hyperlink on the form but every time you click it, it put the cursor inside the text box...How do I hide the cursor within the text box...See below script:

Private Sub Text1__Database_Click()
Call Shell("""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.exe"" ""G:\Source\Distri\Disbursements.accdb", 1)
End Sub

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Why not use a label instead of a textbox?

Upvote 0
Shell scrips do not run with Access labels. This is being pushed down to the users desktops...and I need it to act like a Hyper link...Is there a code I can use to put on my main access DB form that will open another database homepage form?

Upvote 0
Shell scrips do not run with Access labels. This is being pushed down to the users desktops...and I need it to act like a Hyper link...Is there a code I can use to put on my main access DB form that will open another database homepage form?

I don't think this is true. You'd just implement the click event on the label, same as a textbox. I would be thinking of using a label in a case like this too.

Upvote 0
THis worked for me:
Code:
Private Sub Label5_Click()
    Shell "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"
End Sub

I found that I had to drag a label onto my form (not use a label that was created automatically for a bound field dragged to the form).

Also btw found a hyperlink control in Access so that's surely a possibility for this (you are basically doing exactly what a hyperlink does).

Also also btw not try to avoid the original question but really have never tried to fiddle with the cursor in an Access textbox and don't know how to do it.

Also also also btw in the past I have once or twice also used a simple regular button to do things like this - you just format the button to look like a label (invisible color, stuff like that).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back