Show record?

handysmurf

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok I haven't a clue what to search for to see if this has been asked.

I finally bit the bullet and started migrating my Approach databases to Access. I have quite a few questions but I will go for one at a time.

This one is a recipe database for whatever its worth.

I want to select a recipe from the table view(s) and click on the form to view the chosen recipe.

Even if I change the view to table from the record form it doesn't show me the recipe I've chosen.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hi,
Not really sure where to begin. Do you have recipes in a table? Are there any queries in your database? Is there more than one table? Have you created any forms? It's not clear from your question what you have actually done so far (plus i have never seen an approach database before so I don't know what you are used to).

Upvote 0
yea we may have to work out the terminology between the two. Can I post screenshots here or?

Upvote 0
OK I think I got the screenshots and post them here without using the forum's space.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gAvXZ1_aO9rLAf2TyiRIW9sadvjIrYuq

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15GWGeDzgFBvUPjLe3U10wiTNDdbfVTxw

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18TpPURnW3WaX9VFsWosro4-_gwIQSPh8

I'm looking and trying to use access terminology. Might as well learn it .... LOL

I want to select a dish from any of the datasheet views but view it in the form view. Right now the only way to get to a specific record in the form view is to use the record number arrows at the bottom which will be quite tedious.

Upvote 0
I can't check out your google drive links at work. In general, the easiest way to get a specific record in a form or table is to use the search features in access, which are usually available in the menus as well as with right clicking on fields that you want to search in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back