accde file not working on specific machine

CPGDeveloper

Board Regular
I created and administer a Microsoft Access Application -- there are about a dozen users.

I created an accde file that i distributed to all the users to put on their respective desktops.

Every time I make an update, the application identifies that there is a new version available, and a batch script runs to simply copy and paste the new version onto their desktop, replacing the old one.

This has been working well until today.

The newest version is working on everyone's machine except one.

The main form has some simple command buttons that are navigation buttons (next record, last record, etc. -- programmed with embedded macros) -- for one particular user, and only this user, they don't work.

The changes I made were mostly cosmetic and had nothing to do with these buttons. Using the accdb version on his machine, I notice that if I go into the back-end first and then open the main form -- everything works fine. If I open it directly, however, I have the same issue. Again, this does not happen on anyone else's machine, using accde or accdb. Is there a setting here that I'm missing?

He is running Windows 10, 64-bit. Most of us also have the same set up -- there are a couple of us who have Windows 8. But again, nobody else has any issues.

I'm going to have him Log-in on someone else's machine and see how that goes, but in the meantime, any ideas on what else might be causing this? It's bizarre.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Do you see any records to start with.?
Is the mapping to the back end the same.? You should be using UNC paths and not drive mapping like L:\

Upvote 0
The changes I made were mostly cosmetic and had nothing to do with these buttons. Using the accdb version on his machine, I notice that if I go into the back-end first and then open the main form -- everything works fine. If I open it directly, however, I have the same issue. Again, this does not happen on anyone else's machine, using accde or accdb. Is there a setting here that I'm missing?

Do you have forms in your BE?

Note that usual suspects are: anti-virus software, security macro settings, corruption, and weird system update problems.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back