Tips for assigning stock to orders

ligarius

Board Regular
Hello

can suggest me how would be a good way to allocate stocks to orders, and know, how much and what type of stock was assigned to each line row of the order

Example

Orders table
N_OrderN_ItemQty_Asked

<tbody>
</tbody>

Stock table
N_ItemQty_Item

<tbody>
</tbody>

Result
N_OrderN_ItemQty_askedQty_Assigned

<tbody>
</tbody>

I hope you can give a hand, this is a mockup of what I have in my work, maybe a link or a video would help me in a big way

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Dealing with inventory is an advanced topic. I would advise you to not build something from scratch but use purpose-built software instead, unless you have some experience in the area of designing databases and really want to become an expert in database development. In any case, it's much more involved than can be worked out in a forum thread. At minimum, however, you'll have to have your inventory level updated when an order is committed. Other orders will need to draw from the available inventory. When the order fulfilled the actual inventory would then likely be adjusted (inventory is usually divided into OnHand quantities and and Available quantities (as well as possibly ordered quantities, and reserved quantities).

Upvote 0
Dealing with inventory is an advanced topic. I would advise you to not build something from scratch but use purpose-built software instead, unless you have some experience in the area of designing databases and really want to become an expert in database development. In any case, it's much more involved than can be worked out in a forum thread. At minimum, however, you'll have to have your inventory level updated when an order is committed. Other orders will need to draw from the available inventory. When the order fulfilled the actual inventory would then likely be adjusted (inventory is usually divided into OnHand quantities and and Available quantities (as well as possibly ordered quantities, and reserved quantities).
Hello
Thanks, I know is a hard topic, I don't seek to make a WMS is more like a processor of info, loading inputs from excel to tables like tbl_stocks and tbl_orders, and cross the data and get a final result (distributed stock in orders)
Anyway, I would like to know a little bit more from the community and obviusly keep searching for my self

Thanks again !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back