reports in Access

mahsa

Hello everyone!
I need to get a report from an Access file. The report must contain attendance days in a week that can be one or two. For example, Mr. A comes on Saturday and Thursday, and Mr. B comes on Monday and Thursday. I want the report to show me who comes when and how many people are working in that day.
At first, I tried using a multi-valued combo box but access didn't accept it. Then I deleted the multi-valued field and inserted two single-valued fields to get the two days separately. I want the report to show me a merged data of the two fields but I am new to access and I don't know how. I'd appreciate it so much if you help me with this.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
You should set this up as a query in Access, you can set your parameters from there and if required create a report from the query.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your reply.
As I'm new to access, I don't know how to build such a query; would you mind helping me with the query?

Upvote 0
You are going about this the wrong way.
You should have a table that would hold

ID Autonumber
PersonID or Name Number or Text
AttendDate Date

Then you have one record for each day attended, and can allow for more than two should that happen.

Then the report wizard can create the report for you very easily.

Upvote 0
I did it at first, but the report wizard didn't allow multi-valued record. As a result, I separated the two records but I need the report to treat them like they are just one record but I don't know how.

Upvote 0
I did it at first, but the report wizard didn't allow multi-valued record.
You shouldn't need multi-valued records, and I don't think anyone is recommending that you use one.
Actually, you should NOT use them, as they are problematic. I do not see any need to use one anyway.

Following the strucutre Welshgasman proposed to you, if a person came in on two spearate days, there would be two records in your table, one for each day for that person.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back