Auto click refresh all icon when table values change

Thasthahir

Hi ,

Hope you are all good..

Urgent help..

I have created a access database. It has 6 table. have not created ant forms and quires.

Users update data manually because it is shared database. like shared excel
Requirement is , If any one change any value or update any value in any table automatically all the data refresh.
In Home tab-> Refresh all icon should be work.

Any one help.It is in accdp format

Regards,
Mohideen

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Auto click refresh all icon when table values change

Hi ,

Hope you are all good..

Urgent help..

I have created a access database. It has 6 table. have not created any forms and quires.

Users update data manually because it is shared database. like shared excel
Requirement is , If any one change any value or update any value in any table automatically all the data refresh.
In Home tab-> Refresh all icon should be work.

Any one help.It is in accdp format

Regards,
Mohideen​

Upvote 0
Generally data is available when it is commited (by other users - you can always see you own data). Would need to know what specific use case you have in mind here - Access should not be used like a spreadsheet so generally users should not simply be viewing table data directly (i.e., simply opening and working directly in tables) as part of a standard end-user workflow.

I am not familiar with accdp formats so maybe that's something I can't answer directly - might have different features.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Xenou,

Please note that, Now we have used that access database file . it has 6 table. it is shared file. once i update value i will hit refers all icon in home tab. it will reflect it is working.
Each and every time user using F% button for refresh.More than 20 users using the same. but data reflected. Please check and advise us.

Upvote 0
Hi, that is correct - refresh all will refresh the data.

Upvote 0
You cant! But you could have a hidden form that refreshes them on a timer event.

However, I would not recommend continuing with your current approach of 20 users editing one back end file directly, this is asking for corruption issues and if you have 20 users I am guessing that the data is fairly critical for what these people are doing. it sounds like these are more or less being used as a replacement for spreadsheets. Whilst this may seem like an easy way of sharing the data it will probably take you a lot longer to fix than developing a basic front end with forms or queries that return the data the users need and allow them to enter/edit records in a more controlled & robust way.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcaw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back