Search for ALL records in a form

iamtrangdoan

Hi everyone,

I've been looking all over the internet to get my form displayed all records when a selection is made from a Combo Box, however, I haven't found the solution.

Below is the table "tblCap_NDT" which I used to create form "frmCap_NDT":

Company NameNDT
ARadiographic
BFPI
BRadiographic
DUltrasonic
DRadiographic
DFPI
DMPI
EMPI
EFPI
ERadiographic
FRadiographic

<tbody>
</tbody>

I created a Combo Box in the form header from the "NDT" column and set it to display only unique values. Then I dropped the "Company Name" field to the Detail section of the form. However, the combo box didn't seem to be able to search for all records, rather it couldn't search for anything at all.

My aim is search for all Company Names when a NDT value from the Combo Box is selected.

For example, if FPI was selected, the result would count and return B, D, and E (Like 1.B 2.D 3.E)

I tried to create a subform in the Detail section as well but that didn't work. It seemed to return the first value correctly, however, the rest of the results were all the same as the first. For example, when I selected Ultrasonic, instead of getting only D, I got 4 Ds which I assumed to be all the D left in the table (and certainly they didn't match with the search key "Ultrasonic").

Can anyone shed me some light on this please? This is driving me crazy since I have no experience in programming or Access. Thank you very much in advance!

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back