Zero (0) values not showing in query result

Roy_Excel_Island_Apps

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have made a query based on comoboxes and checkboxes. One of the checkboxes is chkExternal. When it's checked I want all the scores from all employees to appear: Internal + External Employees, or 0 en -1 values. When it's not checked I want only 0 values to appear: only Internal.

This is the full SQL:

SELECT dbo_tblScore.Competence_Knowledge, dbo_tblEmployee.Name, dbo_tblScore.Score, dbo_tblEmployee.External

FROM (((dbo_tblScore INNER JOIN dbo_tblCompetence_Profile ON dbo_tblScore.Competence_Profile_ID = dbo_tblCompetence_Profile.Competence_Profile_ID) INNER JOIN dbo_tblLink_Employee_Function ON dbo_tblCompetence_Profile.Link_Employee_Function_ID = dbo_tblLink_Employee_Function.Link_Employee_Function_ID) INNER JOIN dbo_tblEmployee ON dbo_tblLink_Employee_Function.Employee_ID = dbo_tblEmployee.Employee_ID) INNER JOIN dbo_tblCategory ON dbo_tblScore.Category_ID = dbo_tblCategory.Category_ID

WHERE (((IIf(IsNull([Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_Team]),True,[Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_Team]=[dbo_tblCompetence_Profile].[Team_ID]))<>False) AND ((IIf(IsNull([Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_Functie]),True,[Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_Functie]=[dbo_tblScore].[Function_ID]))<>False) AND ((IIf(IsNull([Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_CategoryType]),True,[Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_CategoryType]=[dbo_tblCategory].[CategoryType_ID]))<>False) AND ((IIf(IsNull([Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_Category].[Value]),True,[Forms]![frmExportReport]![cmbFilter_Category]=[dbo_tblCategory].[Category_ID]))<>False))
GROUP BY dbo_tblScore.Competence_Knowledge, dbo_tblEmployee.Name, dbo_tblScore.Score, dbo_tblEmployee.OutOfService, dbo_tblEmployee.Internal
HAVING (((dbo_tblEmployee.OutOfService)=IIf([Forms]![frmExportReport]![chkOutOfService]=True,-1,0)) AND ((dbo_tblEmployee.External)=IIf([Forms]![frmExportReport]![chkExternal]=True,([dbo_tblEmployee].[External]) Is Not Null,0)))
ORDER BY dbo_tblEmployee.Name;

The part where I'm talking about:
((dbo_tblEmployee.External)=IIf([Forms]![frmExportReport]![chkExternal]=True,([dbo_tblEmployee].[External]) Is Not Null,0))

I have tried to replace 'Is Not Null' by 'Like ("*")', Not is null, '<1', '>-2',... I ran out of options... Any more ideas?

Thanks guys!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
FOUND THE SOLUTION!

WHERE (((IIf([Forms]![frmExportReport]![chkInternal]=True,True,[dbo_tblEmployee].[Internal]=True))<>False)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back