Using a Navigation Form as a subform?

mckg15

Hi,
I am trying to figure out if there is a simple way to use the Navigation Form option as a subform. I have 6 tables and corresponding forms (and 4 look up tables). My top level table/form identifies a person with two tables branched from there, with one of those tables having 3 more associated "child" tables. I created a navigation form with all my child tables but I would like to view the top level table/form no matter what navigation tab I am looking at. Not sure if that makes sense but does anyone know how to achieve that? Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Ok, so since posting I have figured out a little more. Navigation Form doesn't seem to be set up for what I was trying to do. I have set up a form with my parent table at the top and then tabbed subforms beneath so I can switch between different child tables but still see my parent table data.

Now my new question...

Similar to the navigation form I would like to have horizontal and vertical tabs. Horizontal tabs are easy and I have incorporated but I'm not sure how to get the vertical tabs to work properly. I read some other posts saying I can use a "trick" to create the appearance of vertical tabs by using option group toggle buttons which I set up. Where I am stuck is the macro or code to use to get the toggle buttons to link to the pages I want on click?

Upvote 0
I have never tried to replicate vertical tabs, but would think that command buttons would be the way to go. If you used the button option for horizontal tabs, you'd have some consistency in appearance. Regardless, the control you use would need to have code for a click event but I don't know what you want to show. If you have pages in a tab control and they have buttons/tabs across the top, what do you want to reveal with a set of horizontal buttons down one side?

Anyway, Me.tabcontrolName.pages(1).setfocus where tabcontrolname is the name of your tab control. The page index is zero based.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back