VBA or Expression Builder for using toggle button to open a page

mckg15

Hi newish to Access and am just starting to try to dabble in VBA, Macros, Expression Builders to make my database forms cleaner and more user friendly. I have tried searching several sites and have been unable to find anything helpful to guide me in how to write the VBA code or use Expression Builder. I get error messages with everything I put in.

My goal right now is to use option group toggle buttons to direct the user to specific pages once pressed. Have been unable to figure out how to do this. Can anyone point me to a good resource or tell me what I need to enter to make this work? Also open to other means to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
A toggle button is a yes/no control so I wouldn't advise using it for this purpose. A normal button would be sufficient to do any action that needs to occur on a press event (aka click event). I'm not sure what you mean by a page - you'll have to find out how to open or activate that type of object, whatever it is.

I'd advise not to use the expression builder. Too confusing for newbies and completely unnecessary for non-newbies.

Upvote 0
My goal right now is to use option group toggle buttons
An option group typically contains option buttons aka radio buttons, and will allow you to deal with one choice out of many as you seem to want to do. Calling them toggle buttons may confuse because that is a different control that doesn't really have any use as a grouped control. You may be having issues re the builder because of not knowing how they work?

Each option button in a group needs to have a distinct value. When chosen, that value gets passed to the frame, so it is the frame value that you look for to see which was chosen. Option buttons must be added to a group correctly while in design view, otherwise they can end up looking like they are part of the frame group but they are just sitting in that area of the form.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back