Form for Checklist

schielrn

I am struggling figuring this out and thought it should be something simple. What I want to do is create a subform in a main form that is a checklist that needs to be marked as pass, fail or n/a. I have a table that based on the product they select will show the appropriate checklist items. The products are the 7 columns after SortOrder and depending on what product they want, I can get it to show only the applicable checklist categories and checklist items, but cannot figure out how to go about having the form have a radio button for pass, fail and n/a or even a dropdown box with those 3 values. I have searched the internet for an answer and haven't had much luck other than one series of youtube videos, but I couldn't get it to work.

https://usbank-my.sharepoint.com/pe.../Public/ProcessorChecklist.PNG?csf=1&e=ObKsG4

My plan is to then write the record and selected pass/fail/na to this table and the recorded would be from the main form.

https://usbank-my.sharepoint.com/pe...lic/ProcessorChecklistData.PNG?csf=1&e=PKbBu9

Maybe I am thinking about this wrong or setting it up incorrectly, but cannot figure out how to do this task.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
create a subform in a main form that is a checklist
The main form is a check list? Then what is the subform for?
The products are the 7 columns after SortOrder and depending on what product they want
If you need to add a product, you have to add a field to your table? That indicates lack of normalization, which might be contributing to the issue. Radio (option) buttons have to be in a frame and obviously cannot be on a subform if that subform is continuous or datasheet. I find your description of what is and what's wanted somewhat confusing, and your links are to a SharePoint site?? Not sure how you expect anyone to be able to see that, but then again, I never learned much about SharePoint. That might explain why there's been over 200 views and no other replies.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back