Report issue suppressing page Header and Footer on report footer

pbassett

My report's final item is a chart image which is in the report footer. I don't want the page header and footer displayed here.
I thought it would be easy - I set the report properties Page Header and Page Footer to "Not with Rpt Ftr".
But although that works for printing (i.e. exporting to PDF), in View mode it suppresses the page header and footer!
This is NOT what I expected. Any help is appreciated.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
In report View mode the idea of pages doesn't really exist - i.e. its one big report. I tend to open the reports for users in Print Preview mode so they see the paginated report as the would if it was printed.

Upvote 0
I didn't expect the Page Header to disappear from View mode, which is how the report will be viewed most of the time.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why a page header or footer is relevant in the Report View, typically you would display repeating headers for printed pages, page numbers etc on these. In report view there are no pages - it would essentially show once.

what are you trying to achieve, could it be that the information you want to show would be better suited to a particular group header or footer with force new page option set?

Why do you mainly view in the report view, is the report interactive? If not then just show it in preview and the headers and footers will display.

Upvote 0
I got it to work by putting the header and footer in the group (Data) report and header which ends before the report footer which is the chart. Even then the header/footer tried to keep printing, but I added code that stopped that when page # = number of pages.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back