Access 2010: Scroll Bars - again

daveatthewell

I have a form with a header section (containing controls) and the detail section which returns the result of a Search - determined by what is input in the control(s). If I have the vertical scroll bar showing, it extends into both the header and the detail part of the form. Since the Format/controls in the header section are fixed there is no need to show a scroll bar, but I might need the vertical scroll bar - depending on how many results are returned - in the detail section. Is there any way of restricting the vertical scroll bar to the "detail" part of the form?
Thanks in advance.
Dave Kennedy
Scotland

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
There is no scrollbar option for a detail section. However, you could try having a copy of your form as a split form (don't try this on the original) or you will have to recreate your detail section as another form, add a subform control to the first form and set its sourceobject property to be your new form. This will require you to either have a common link between one or more fields on each form so that upper selections populate the subform records accordingly, or you could create the subform recordsource property on the fly (again, according to what's selected in the upper section).

Your location caught my eye. We were just talking about going there on a vacation (unless you aren't referring to Scotland in the UK).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is no scrollbar option for a detail section. However, you could try having a copy of your form as a split form (don't try this on the original) or you will have to recreate your detail section as another form, add a subform control to the first form and set its sourceobject property to be your new form. This will require you to either have a common link between one or more fields on each form so that upper selections populate the subform records accordingly, or you could create the subform recordsource property on the fly (again, according to what's selected in the upper section).

Your location caught my eye. We were just talking about going there on a vacation (unless you aren't referring to Scotland in the UK).

Thanks for that Micron - I will certainly try that out.
As for a holiday in Scotland - small world (ish) my sister - now sadly passed away - emigrated to Canada (Toronto) back in the '60's, moved over to Vancouver and now I have a Nephew and his wife in Abbotsford, BC. I in turn was about to emigrate to Canada in the '80s to work for Ontario Hydro but life got in the way.

Pity you didn't come over earlier as The Edinburgh Festival is in full swing.

Apologies Admin - "slightly" off-topic!!

Dave Kennedy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back