Thread: Access 2010: Scroll Bars - again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Access 2010: Scroll Bars - again

I have a form with a header section (containing controls) and the detail section which returns the result of a Search - determined by what is input in the control(s). If I have the vertical scroll bar showing, it extends into both the header and the detail part of the form. Since the Format/controls in the header section are fixed there is no need to show a scroll bar, but I might need the vertical scroll bar - depending on how many results are returned - in the detail section. Is there any way of restricting the vertical scroll bar to the "detail" part of the form?
    Thanks in advance.
    Dave Kennedy
    Scotland

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Access 2010: Scroll Bars - again

There is no scrollbar option for a detail section. However, you could try having a copy of your form as a split form (don't try this on the original) or you will have to recreate your detail section as another form, add a subform control to the first form and set its sourceobject property to be your new form. This will require you to either have a common link between one or more fields on each form so that upper selections populate the subform records accordingly, or you could create the subform recordsource property on the fly (again, according to what's selected in the upper section).

Your location caught my eye. We were just talking about going there on a vacation (unless you aren't referring to Scotland in the UK).
    Last edited by Micron; Aug 23rd, 2019 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spelin and gramur
    Tips for posting problems:
    1) "doesn't work" doesn't help. Post error message text/numbers and/or state what's happening.
    2) if posting code or sql, use code tags; specify on which code line errors occur, if applicable
    3) try to be specific; assume we know nothing about your issue - because we don't!

Make all suggested changes in copies of your database or to its objects.

"1 out of 1010 people understand binary. The other 1001 don't."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Access 2010: Scroll Bars - again

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    There is no scrollbar option for a detail section. However, you could try having a copy of your form as a split form (don't try this on the original) or you will have to recreate your detail section as another form, add a subform control to the first form and set its sourceobject property to be your new form. This will require you to either have a common link between one or more fields on each form so that upper selections populate the subform records accordingly, or you could create the subform recordsource property on the fly (again, according to what's selected in the upper section).

Your location caught my eye. We were just talking about going there on a vacation (unless you aren't referring to Scotland in the UK).
    Thanks for that Micron - I will certainly try that out.
    As for a holiday in Scotland - small world (ish) my sister - now sadly passed away - emigrated to Canada (Toronto) back in the '60's, moved over to Vancouver and now I have a Nephew and his wife in Abbotsford, BC. I in turn was about to emigrate to Canada in the '80s to work for Ontario Hydro but life got in the way.

Pity you didn't come over earlier as The Edinburgh Festival is in full swing.

Apologies Admin - "slightly" off-topic!!

Dave Kennedy

Some videos you may like

User Tag List