Bound Column Change Not Working

squeakums

Office Version
  1. 365
I am using Bound Column 1 - which works fine, but if I want the Combo Box to use Column 3 to filter the form, it doesn't do anything?

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
This looks like a variation of another of your posts? Regardless, I don't know what you expect to get in the way of an answer with so little information provided. Maybe post what you tried for applying a form filter based on column 3? Maybe you tried
Me.Filter = Me.myCombo.Column(3)
Me.FilterOn = True

??

Upvote 0
The column numbers start from 0 so column 3 would actually be .Column(2)

Are you using the correct index.?

Upvote 0
Depends, yes? If referring to the Column property, Column(0) is the first column. Column references are most often used in code. If referring to the BoundColumn property (usually set in the property sheet) the first column that contains data is 1. A setting of 0 for the BoundColumn property would refer to the list index, which is basically the row number. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/access.combobox.boundcolumn

As I said, so little information provided that I'm not going to speculate further on behalf of OP. There's no indication which is being referred to here, plus, I'm fairly certain OP posted this issue elsewhere, which means answers are being given there as well.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for replying. I apologize that I did not provide much data. I wasn't sure what to provide. I'm building a Form, adding in a Combo Box - I'm pulling 3 fields in the Combo Box. Although, I moved it down to only 1 field, but it isn't searching/setting my form to that ID selected in the combo box. Does it happen to do with my primary key setup or how would I setup my form to filter to what is selected in my ComboBox?

For example, I'm selecting 49710 in my combo box, it has the same ID section in my Form, but it isn't changing to that Id number.

If I use a customer name, it will however filter to that name, but if I use the ID, will not change to that ID in the form selection. I have the ID setup as the primary key and not the customer name, along with a primary key that access assigned, so (2) keys are setup.

What is the best practice to setup a combo box to utilize it with a form to have it search for those (3) items used or even that (1) ID used? I feel like is some simple setting I'm missing. Please let me know what additional details you need. I would do a screen shot in here, but no idea how to add that..

Upvote 0
Thank you all for replying. I apologize that I did not provide much data. I wasn't sure what to provide. I'm building a Form, adding in a Combo Box - I'm pulling 3 fields in the Combo Box. Although, I moved it down to only 1 field, but it isn't searching/setting my form to that ID selected in the combo box. Does it happen to do with my primary key setup or how would I setup my form to filter to what is selected in my ComboBox?

For example, I'm selecting 49710 in my combo box, it has the same ID section in my Form, but it isn't changing to that Id number.

If I use a customer name, it will however filter to that name, but if I use the ID, will not change to that ID in the form selection. I have the ID setup as the primary key and not the customer name, along with a primary key that access assigned, so (2) keys are setup.

What is the best practice to setup a combo box to utilize it with a form to have it search for those (3) items used or even that (1) ID used? I feel like is some simple setting I'm missing. Please let me know what additional details you need. I would do a screen shot in here, but no idea how to add that..

Actually, I figured this out on my own. Apparently, I did not have the correct MACRO written for the right field, I fixed it to link with the ID field instead of the name field and then changed the bound to column 2 (ID) field and it worked great. Hopefully, others can view this issue if necessary to resolve.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back