"subform datasheet view will only allow me to edit when first opened"

bama4954

I have added a subform to the main form so I could have some controls on the main form and the datasheet view on the subform. When I first open the main form I can edit in the subform datasheet without a problem. But if I execute the combo box "cboJobNumber" from the main form to search for a record it works fine. Once the record is found and I try to edit it I get an error: (Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit.) I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I added Requery after update but nothing seems to work. The only way it will let me edit a record is to open and close it again.

I have all the property sheet correct with allow deletions, edits and filters set to Yes

I have it both forms linked together in the Master and Child fields by the primary key "tagID"

Any idea's?

Thanks
Tony

That is my problem, I want to use it to edit and add records on the subform in datasheet view. Like I was saying to Micron, I have one that is emaluated that works but I can't seem to replicate it to mine situation. Mine filters perfectly just like I want it to. But when I try to edit after filtering a record it gives me the error:
(Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit.)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back