Access Annoyance: ComboBox Ordeal

squeakums

Office Version
  1. 365
Okay, I create a combo box in my form, to work with a query below. It is supposed to search for two columns in the query. It works at first. Then, I change the combo box to sort ascending and then it goes bonkers.. When I click on a name/area (my two fields) it will find the name but a difference area not associated with the selection?? What the heck? Access you are so random and annoying.

I recreate the combo box, use it for awhile, It works, I change nothing.. and then all of a sudden, it doesn't as well? Help please. I have refreshed all and I have compact and repaired the database.. so far.. its an ongoing issue. It hates me.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Best in this case would be to find a nearby Access expert to help you. The problem itself can't be resolved without more information - what is the combobox source? How is it linked? What happens on when you click the combobox.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, there are no Access DB sources in my area, otherwise, I would definitely reach out. This is the only source besides Google that I have. The combo box is linked to a table I loaded, in the table, I even CTRL and marked any keys that can link. Should I only make 1 item a primary key? If I click in the combo box, my name and my area show, but when selected the query below either goes to some other person or area, or same person different area than selected. Unfortunately the data is secure so I cannot share it on here. I have played around with this thing so much, I setup the combo box by using the tool and it appears to work at first but then it doesn't. It makes no sense to me?

Upvote 0
All tables should have primary keys. So if you are using data without a primary key ... well, basically there is no guarantee of correct queries anymore.

Upvote 0
Can you share a copy with no data or mock/test data?

Your description of what you are trying to achieve is unclear.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back