gheyman

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Kind of an If statement.

I have an If statement that depending on the results will run one or another Macro. But I get a Debug error when I try to run it. The fist is the If statement that errors the second is one of the Macro's (which runs fine on its own - its in a module)

Code:
Private Sub Frame244_Click()
Select Case Frame244
    Case Is = 1
'run Macro
        updateQuery1
    Case Is = 2
'run Macro
        updateQuery2
End Select
End Sub

Code:
Private Sub updateQuery1()
    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Set db = CurrentDb
    Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef

Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("qry_NIS_TSL")
    qdf.SQL = "SELECT tbl_NIS_TSL.ID_NISTSL, tbl_NIS_TSL.VendorName, tbl_NIS_TSL.VendorID, tbl_NIS_TSL.CityName, tbl_NIS_TSL.MailState, tbl_NIS_TSL.PostalCode, tbl_NIS_TSL.CountryCode, tbl_NIS_TSL.Vendor_Status, tbl_NIS_TSL.CommType, tbl_NIS_TSL.Debarred, tbl_NIS_TSL.Approval_Status, tbl_NIS_TSL.TSL_Trend, tbl_NIS_TSL.Complexity_Low, tbl_NIS_TSL.Complexity_Medium, tbl_NIS_TSL.Complexity_High, tbl_NIS_TSL.Volume_Low, tbl_NIS_TSL.Volume_Medium, tbl_NIS_TSL.Volume_High, tbl_NIS_TSL.Responsiveness_Rating, tbl_NIS_TSL.RTV_Support, tbl_NIS_TSL.Failure_Analysis, tbl_NIS_TSL.Other_Capabilities, tbl_NIS_TSL.NumberOf_Assemblies, tbl_NIS_TSL.Materials, tbl_NIS_TSL.Restrictions, tbl_NIS_TSL.Comments, tbl_NIS_TSL.CreatedBy, tbl_NIS_TSL.CreatedDate " & _
    "FROM tbl_NIS_TSL INNER JOIN SubQry_NIS_TSL ON (tbl_NIS_TSL.VendorName = SubQry_NIS_TSL.VendorName) AND (tbl_NIS_TSL.CommType = SubQry_NIS_TSL.CommType) AND (tbl_NIS_TSL.CreatedDate = SubQry_NIS_TSL.MaxOfCreatedDate)" & _
    "WHERE (((tbl_NIS_TSL.VendorName) Like [Forms]![frm_NIS_TSL]![Combo227]) And ((tbl_NIS_TSL.CommType) Like [Forms]![frm_NIS_TSL]![Combo232]) And ((tbl_NIS_TSL.Debarred) Like [Forms]![frm_NIS_TSL]![Combo229]) And ((tbl_NIS_TSL.Approval_Status) Like [Forms]![frm_NIS_TSL]![Combo234]))ORDER BY tbl_NIS_TSL.VendorName, tbl_NIS_TSL.CreatedDate DESC;"
End Sub

thanks for the help

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Re: Access: If Statement to Run Macro

If the two code blocks you posted above are in DIFFERENT modules, then you need to remove the word "Private" from:
Code:
[COLOR=#ff0000]Private [/COLOR]Sub updateQuery1()
Marking it as "Private" means that it cannot be seen by anything outside of that module it is contained in. You cannot call things that you cannot see.

Sometimes, people will replace the word "Private" with "Public", but I think if you leave the word off altogether, the default is "Public".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marking it as "Private" means that it cannot be seen by anything outside of that module it is contained in. You cannot call things that you cannot see.
You can call a private macro from another module by using "application.run".

Application.Run "ModuleName.MacroName"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You can call a private macro from another module by using "application.run".

Application.Run "ModuleName.MacroName"

Think this is referring to Excel, Macros are a different object in Access, furthermore, I don't think this works with Access subroutines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thank You!

Is there a way to set the Frame value to 1 other than using the default value?

Upvote 0

Is there a way to set the Frame value to 1 other than using the default value?
Yes, go into the Properties of the Frame, and you can rename it (as long as you choose a name that isn't already being used on that Form).

Upvote 0

Think this is referring to Excel, Macros are a different object in Access, furthermore, I don't think this works with Access subroutines.

No you can do it, do not even need the Application.Run, just use ModuleName.SuborFunctionName if the code is marked Private.

HTH

Upvote 0

No you can do it, do not even need the Application.Run, just use ModuleName.SuborFunctionName if the code is marked Private.

HTH

In Access 2016 this doesn't work. I have tested it as per the OP's scenario, without the private statement it works fine, with the private statement the following error is returned.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
Compile error:

Method or data member not found
OK Help

Upvote 0

Hmm, strange.:confused:

I did test in 2007 before I posted, as I was keen to know.
Good to know though. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back