Add a file to the "Recent Items" listing in Outlook Attachment

austin3515

Board Regular
I have an Access program file that manipulates files that are on my network/pc. When I work with an excel file for example, I want to have Access add that file to list of recent Items using VBA. That way, the file that I manipulated in Access is right there in my recent items list so I can easily email it out. I do NOT open the file when it is being manipultated. Assume for example I am having Access export a table to Excel. I want that Excel file to be listed on my recent items,

Has anyone done anything like this?

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
It's not clear if you are referring to the Recent Files list that some Office apps (such as Excel) have or if you mean a list that you're creating as a set of Access table records. If the former, I have no idea - except maybe to iterate over whatever is contained in the Recent Files folder. Can't see how that would be of any use as it would contain everything opened by any app.

Upvote 0
Solution from a different message board:
"Hi. I haven't tried this before, but I guess what you may have to do is add a shortcut in this folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Wind ows\Recent"

Worked perfectly. I had to search around for the language on creating shortcuts but that was much easier to find.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back