Import SharePoint Excel Files

bwlytkr

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Does anyone know of a way to import excel files directly from a SharePoint into access

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Well it looks like I finally stumped everyone with this one. Thanks for the views and if anyone looking at this knows how to import excel files on a sharepoint directly into access I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how to create a SharePoint library in access as the link suggested. any idea on how to do that? If I do this will this link to the actual sharepoint site update as changes are made on the actual sharepoint site?

Upvote 0
Your question is not clear for a black & white guy (me). You don't import files into Access unless you want to experience huge bloat in your db file size. So, supposing what you actually want is the data:
from my limited experience of meshing SharePoint (Excel) and Access on a network drive, it's been my observation that a sp server has an address like any other network server IF the sp server is part of the network architecture. If it's an IP address then this won't work - find out what the full path of the sp server is on the network and use it as the path to import from. The other question related to a networked sp server is, is linking not an option?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richa mishra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back