Time and Date Stamps

KC*3

Hi there,

I am new to Access, but still get around pretty good.

I have a form where users are able to enter text and change drop downs an that updates a table. I also want to capture who made the change and/or the date and time they entered or changed the data.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks much!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Make them do all their data work with forms not tables. You can run code on the update event of the form to add a date/time stamp to the record.
Are you using user level security? If not how will you determine who the user is?

Peter

Upvote 0
The table stores the data that I am importing for the users to investigate. They want a way to make suggestions and notes on what they find. Is there a way to have the data appear in the form without using a table to store the data?

I currently do not have an security level on the database, but I may if that's the only way to get the User Name - haven't fully decided on that. Right now I know I want the date and time stamp. Is there a way to show what field they updated at that time. Since there are several fields they can populate I want to show that they changed the status of the field from let's say "In Progress" to "Client Delayed".

Thanks so much Peter for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back