Make Table Query; Update Query

jwoo251

I have a make table query called "ABC". I run the query and it makes "ABC" table.

Then I ended up creating additional update queries that either update/add additional columns to table "ABC". The problem is that everytime I run the "ABC" make table query, the update queries no longer work.

The update query fields turn from the field names into "Expr1". Is there a work around to prevent this???? Any direction one could provider would be greatly appreciated.

(I would be able to make a query then link the addtional tables to this query but would prefer to update the table)

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I can't recall ever having the exact problem you're having but it may be related to the fact that the existing table is being deleted and replaced by the new ABC table causing the field associations in the other query to get broken.

Another option might be to replace the make table query with a delete query and an append query. Run the delete to drop all the existing rows and then the append to populate the table with the new data.

hth,
Giacomo

Upvote 0
Thank you for the suggestion. It worked for what I needed and now I don't need to redo every query. Saved me a good amount of time. thanks again.

Upvote 0
I must have been typing when you posted that it was working (slow typer). Glad you figured it out.

Giacomo

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back