Table relationship question

jcrmit

Hi,

I have created a 3 tables;

1) client information (e.g. name, age, address, etc)

2) medication injection info that a client is on (these change over time - so there will be multiple enties for a client, and some clients will have none) - e.g. Injection type, dose, frequency, start & end date, and an active [tick box] that indicates that a record is the current prescribed injection. This allows for the tracking of previous injections over time.

3) This table hold the records for every instance of an injection given (e.g. to who (client number - which is used in all three tables, injection type, dose, date given and by who).

I have created forms and subforms for entry of the information.

My worry is about generating meaning ful queiries and reports from these tables;

1. I want to able to return a query of the injections a client has recieved over a time period (e.g. 1 year) and be able to see the changes in dose, when an injection end, etc and I am not sure that my tables are organised in the best way to achieve this.

Am I making this too complicated or not enough?

Sorry if I am not being - am happy to provide more info.

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
seems as if you may have an issue with the dose field, why is it in both tables? If the dosage needs to change at the time of the injection then maybe you should call the dose in the medication_injection_info table recommended_dose or something like that.

Beyond that your concept looks good to me at first glance... if there is a specific query you're trying to run and having trouble please post.

hth,
Giacomo

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back