Viewing a Picture in an Access Form

nathank

Hello,

I am designing an Asset register and I have taken digital photos of all of the equipment we have on record. The photos are automatically created in Jpeg format and when I insert them into the access form it comes up as an icon tht you have to double click on. (Please note I reduce the size of the Jpeg down to approx 44kb, and I ensure icon is not ticked when I insert). To actually view the picture in the form I have to convert the picture to .bmp which increases the file size to 1.37MB. I can then see it ok however with the amount of pictures to go into the database it will be to big.

Is there a way of viewing the Jpeg file in the access form? Or can you reduce the file size of a bmp file?

Regards

Nathan Kennedy

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I teach pupils to build a simple picture DB using ACCESS. I had to work out how to view the pictures at first. The answer was to set the data type to an OLE object in the table design. Once the table has been saved, create a simple Form using the Form wizard. The picture box that appears is the easiest way to put in a jpeg. I get the kids to copy pictures from the Internet and paste them into the Form.
Hope it works for you,
Pete Jago

Upvote 0
Thankyou for that, I tried and it worked, however, my database after pasting one picture went from 200kb to 4.34 MB and the picture was only 46kb before pasting? Do you know a way around this?

Regards

Nathan Kennedy

Upvote 0
I to would like to know how to import a JPG file in each record of my database. I have create a database to keep track of my diecast collection and I would like to be able to attach a picture of each car to its respective record.

I have tried both the Bound and Unbound OLE boxes, but nothing works. I can however get a BMP file to show up, but I too would like to keep the size of the database to a minimum.

Is there a way to have the picture displayed on the record, but no have it directly stored in the database. Also, is there some type of script that can be attached to a button that when clicked, it will browse to a specific location where the pictures are stored?

Thanks,
Matthew

Upvote 0
The easist method is to set one fields properties to hyperlink, then simply link it to the image file. Then all you do is click on th hyperlink

Regards,

dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back