Opening Access 2003 Database from Access 2007

Fool_Working

Hey all,
My company is updating piecemiel to Access 2007 - meaning I still have Access 2003, but some of the company has 2007. I have a database I built a few years ago in Access 2003 that is used all across the company.

The users that have updated to Access 2007 are reporting problems to me. Some people with 2007 can still use it but it is super slow, other users can't even open it.

I don't know if I need to do something special to the database to make it compatable with 2007. And if I do update the database to 2007 format will the users still using access 2003 be able to open it?

Help!

Details - My database has a lot of macros, and 3 years worth of data. Would clearing out the data to only have a year in it help? (by creating an archive dump to get the size of the database down - Right now it is about 99 kb in size)

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Generally, opening an mdb database in Access 2007 is not an issue. I work with that format all the time.

It is likely that your macros aren't running -- security settings in 2007 mean that many macro steps are disabled in 2007, unless you have put the database ni a trusted location. See if this sheds some light...

Also, check out http://www.allenbrowne.com -- there is a good section on 2007 differences and issues.

Denis

Upvote 0
Thanks. The links were very helpful. That seems to have fixed the problem for at least one person.

Generally, opening an mdb database in Access 2007 is not an issue. I work with that format all the time.

It is likely that your macros aren't running -- security settings in 2007 mean that many macro steps are disabled in 2007, unless you have put the database ni a trusted location. See if this sheds some light...

Also, check out http://www.allenbrowne.com -- there is a good section on 2007 differences and issues.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back