Append query with unknown field name error...

krice1974

Hi all. I'm trying to fix an append query that generates the right recordset just fine, but on run I get the error: </PRE>
"The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unkown field name: '[CompanyDescription]'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and try the operation again." I got this error with that field under a different name (same name both tables.) Here's the sql:
Code:
</PRE>
INSERT INTO tblSymbolsMain ( Symbol, [CompanyDescription], [Security Type] )SELECT qryNewSymbolsToAddToMainSymbols.Symbol, qryNewSymbolsToAddToMainSymbols.CompanyDescription, qryNewSymbolsToAddToMainSymbols.[Security Type]FROM qryNewSymbolsToAddToMainSymbols;</PRE>
</PRE>
So the field names match in both tables, the source is a find unmatched query, and all field types are text. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance...Kevin</PRE>

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Yup. I fixed it though, just a moment ago. I had to do a create table, delete the original, change the field name (again) and rebuild the query. It works now though, likes the name "Company." :) Thanks though...

Upvote 0
FWIW,

I have seen this behaviour a bit with Append queries.
I find that opening the query in Design view, and reselecting the field name on the grid, usually fixes the issue.

Denis

Upvote 0
Thanks Denis. I figured it was something like that, a stubborn quirk, better to just start over...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back