Stand alone Access database

bofonomo

Board Regular
Is there anyway to create a stand alone database from an Access Database? I've been reading a little about access Run-Time. Is this the only way. My database requires that the user Inports different files every time you use it, can this be done in Run-time.

What programs or languages are there that are good to create a stand alone program with a menu, import database option and can perform queries?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
You need the Developer add-in (Free from MS) and the Run-Time app (Free from MS) Create an "Installer Package" using the Package Solutions including the Run-Time and your set.

I have never done it myself, but I have been reading up on the topic myself. If I am incorrect in anything I said, I hope that someone would correct me.

Have a great day.
Pujo

Upvote 0
I will do, I meant to try it out this weekend, but I was a little busy, I'll post again when I get on to it.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to create a stand alone database from an Access Database?

I was under the impression that Access is a stand alone database ... ;) I've never used the free runtime version but I think I should play with it too. You also can run queries, etc. from Excel using simple tools such as the MSQuery GUI (not my favorite) or scripting queries with VBA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back