Can i use an Excel Userform in Acces?

Botje

Hey there,

Can i use an Excel Userform in Acces?

I made an userform in excel. That pops-up when you start-up excel. Then you need to fill in it and the date will be transfered to a 2nd Sheet.
But it is not possible for 2 people at the same time to fill in this form and save it without have errors.

So I want to export my file to Acces, then let people fill it in in access then access should proces the information that has been filled it.

And I should (right?) not have the multiple-user problem.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Good luck - userforms are not the same as Access forms.

Yep, another kind of beast altogether. And, for general use in Access, there is no point -- the native Access forms are much easier to create and use IMO. The context I saw it in was for creating a password form in Access; the apparent advantage is that the UserForm is difficult to crack. I *think* the UserForm was actually built in Access but I'll need to dig to find out.

Denis

Upvote 0
I really havent tried this myself, I just heard from one of the developer @work.
But I have seen the form [exactly an excel form....].
The way to import?
Right click on any form in VBA editor >> import file >> select the excel form *.frm that was previously exported from excel...:)

I think i'll just try it out....

I already tried that.. but that aint working... Or i must be doing something wrong :rolleyes:..

I imported the form and i could not open it in access

Upvote 0
Actually, I stand corrected. You can indeed create or import and show userforms in Access. Not really sure why you would, but it is possible.

Upvote 0
Rory

How do you do it?

Actually scratch that, I just used code to create a form and changed a few things.

Upvote 0
You can just insert them as you do in the VBE anywhere else - all you need is to add the Insert-Userform button to the commandbars.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back