Sharing MS Access applications over internet

22strider

Hello Friends

I would like to learn how to share my application (MS Access) over internet and have users fill forms and generate reports.

Could someone please direct me what I need to learn to be able to achieve that? I would like to start from being able to post simple data input forms and providing buttons to users for running report.

Thanks
Rajesh

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi Rajesh,

you can use an Access web database ... it is not as powerful and requires a SharePoint subscription. You can also use SQL Azure (also subscription) for the data then link to its tables from an Access client (regular) database. There are other options as well. What is your business goal?

Upvote 0
Hello,

Thanks for your message.

The goal is to create a report and share with team that is located remotely. The users may not have MS Access and also would probably looking for easy 'press a button run a report' type interface.

I can create report in Access and put on easy to use form. I was looking for a way to share this report (exported in Excel to a network folder) in way in which the users may be able to trigger the export (or scheduled to run daily).

Regards,
Rajesh

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back