I nid to create a username for user and admin that have different previledges

relor

Where can i download a ready made database for username and admin control.. So that the forms that i will be distributing can be submitted by the users for once and the admin can edit the entire content anytime.. Is it possible or do i have to make my own script for this?..

I already have the form made from ms access.. But if i distribute the file immediately all user might edit the content without the admins consent..

Or just give me any idea for the script and i will follow any instructions relayed to me responsibly...

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
SORRY I FORGOT TO add this will be used with ms access 2007- ms access 2003 if possible..
i am presently working as a data analyst i can say that i am good at doing reports but i have 0 exp. on programming vb scripts for access.. this will be used for monitoring record to be submitted by the users and will be rated by the admins.... i hope this will sort my problem..

any questions just ask.. ill be responsible with my post so that i will not leave anyone hanging

Upvote 0
Actually I created a database doing just what you're asking for. You can download it from my livedrive portal.
To implent it into your database, import ALL tables, forms, queries and modules starting with 'GLIS_'. (of course you better make a copy of your database first)
In the module 'GLIS_Declarations' you can set the name of the form that has to be openend after succesfull login of a user.
Passwords are initially set to Welcome01'. You can also change this in the declaration section.
Remember that passwords are stored as an encrypted string, so it is impossible to see the passwords in the table with logins (GLIS_tLogin).

Code:
 [U][COLOR=#0066cc]'Form to open after login succeeds
Public Const sFrmMenu As String = "frmMenu"
'Setting the default password for users
[U][COLOR=#0066cc]Public Const sDefaultPassWord As String = "Welcome01"[/COLOR][/U]
[/COLOR][/U]

The example database should give you enough insight to understand how to use it.

Download

Upvote 0
HOW DO I CHECK MY DATABASE IF IT IS WORKING OR NOT? completed my database for ms access.. and i need to distribute it and let the employee to input data.. but i dont know how to make my database available for other user.. or my forms available to other user..

Upvote 0
EVERYTHING IS DONE.. I ONLY NEED SOME EDITING.. how do i connect my table to the form i did.. i made a new text box inside the form.. and i need it to appear on my main table.. how do i do that?

Upvote 0
i am doing what im asking.. connecting the table to my from completed.. how do i make my form ready to use?.

Upvote 0
right now i need to sync my ms access file to the company database.. how do i do that.. any help/suggestion?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back