How do you set up a scatter plot with 2 variables?

eng101

Hi,

In Excel you can set up a scatter plot with two independent data series on the x and y axis. How do you accomplish the same scatter plot in Access?

I tried doing it, but Access only allows me to define the x-axis data once and allows me to define the y-axis data several times. Is there a way to set up 2 different data ( different x-axis data VS different y-axis data) plot 1 and (different x-axis data VS different y-axis data) plot 2. Both of these plots being on the same graph with the same x-axis and y-axis scale. Is this possible in Access?

Can you please provide further insight? Your help is greatly appreciated...

Thank you,
Eng101

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
I know this question was posted a year back. But I was looking for the info on the same topic and I found a solution, so I'm posting it here.

1. Under forms tab, click New
2. In the New form window select Chart Wizard and Select the table, which has your data, hit OK
3. In the next screen add two fields for which you want to plot a scatter graph, Hit next
4. In this screen where you have option to select the type of the graph(you'll see pictures of various types of plots) , select XY scatter, hit next
5. Hit next again
6. In the next screen, Enter the title for your plot, Select Modify the design of the form or chart, hit Finish
7. When you see the sample plot, in design view, double click the plot to edit it, while plot being selected, Click on the Data menu from the toolbar above, then click on Series on Columns
8. Select the chart and right click on it, click on properties
9. Go in the Data tab, change the row source property something like this
Code:
SELECT[x],[y] FROM [data];
Note: If you this plot, you'd know that this plot looks quite similar to the plot in excel, which is right, it's the same object, therefore you can edit the options here as you can do in Excel.
10. So if you want a trendline, double click to edit the chart and right click on the data line, click on Add Trendline, and if you want to see R-square and equation, click on options and check the box for equation and R-square.
Phew!! it looks difficult but it's easy. Also, you can change these things thru VBA too.

I've placed the animation of these activities here: http://www.nandeshwar.info/projects/chartcreation.htm

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I think this method is now out of date. No Chart Wizard in Access 2016, and no Scatter Charts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back