Enter Parameter Value Problems! Please help.

lindseyaileen

I have a database I am working on building and I've created a report that I would like to have open based on information chosen in a form. I have added it to my queries but when I click the button on the form it still asks for a parameter value.

My DB includes table names:

Events
CEQuestions
PresenterQuestions
Presenters

In the parameter box it just says "Events"

I have checked the queries and the parameter buttons for the main report and the sub reports and I cannot find where this parameter command is being prompted from. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi,
When you click the button what query runs? What is the SQL for that query? The fact that this is a table name also suggests the problem could be query that is not written correctly (i.e., missing the table in the FROM clause).

Upvote 0
It is supposed to run a query called "PresenterQuestions Query" and it also has a subreport from a query called "Presenter Averages" right now nothing is populating the report.

The code for the "PresenterQuestions Query" is:

<code>SELECT PresenterQuestions.PresenterComments, Presenters.ID, Presenters.PresenterFirstName, Presenters.PresenterLastName, Events.EventTitle, PresenterQuestions.Session
FROM Events INNER JOIN (Presenters INNER JOIN PresenterQuestions ON Presenters.[ID] = PresenterQuestions.[Presenter].[Value]) ON Events.ID = PresenterQuestions.EventTitle
WHERE (((PresenterQuestions.PresenterComments) Is Not Null) AND ((Events.ID)=[Forms]![Main Menu]![cboEventID]));<code/>

For "Presenter Averages" the code is:

<code>SELECT PresenterQuestions.EventTitle, PresenterQuestions.Presenter.Value, PresenterQuestions.Session, Avg(PresenterQuestions.Knowledgable) AS AvgOfKnowledgable, Avg(PresenterQuestions.Prepared) AS AvgOfPrepared, Avg(PresenterQuestions.Engaging) AS AvgOfEngaging, Count(PresenterQuestions.Knowledgable) AS CountOfKnowledgable, Count(PresenterQuestions.Prepared) AS CountOfPrepared, Count(PresenterQuestions.Engaging) AS CountOfEngaging
FROM Presenters INNER JOIN (Events INNER JOIN PresenterQuestions ON Events.ID = PresenterQuestions.EventTitle) ON Presenters.ID = PresenterQuestions.Presenter.Value
GROUP BY PresenterQuestions.EventTitle, PresenterQuestions.Presenter.Value, PresenterQuestions.Session, Events.ID
HAVING (((Events.ID)=[Forms]![Main Menu]![cboEventID]));<code/>

Upvote 0
Do the queries work if you run them by themselves (if necessary paste the SQL into a new query and run directly to test -- but you will need to have the Main Menu form open and something selected in the cboEventID combobox).

Note this is a little odd:
PresenterQuestions.Presenter.Value

Do you actually have a field called Presenter.Value in the PresenterQuestions table?

Upvote 0
Yes they work if I run them as queries with the Main Menu open. It only asks for "Events" when trying to open the report. (It does this even when opening the report not from the Main Menu). Now it seems to populating my main report but not my Sub report. Although the parameter box is still coming up.

As far as "Presenters.Value" that is from a combo box value for the PresenterQuestions table pulled from the Presenters table.

Upvote 0
Here is the code for the subreport inside the main report. I'm guessing this is where the error is but I don't know how to rewrite it so that it does what it needs to.
<code>Private Sub Presenter_Averages_subreport_Enter()

End Sub
<code/>

Upvote 0
You might need to search the subreport properties. Does it have a report source of it's own? Does it have any events that fire?

BTW, what version of Access are you using?

Upvote 0
I am Using Access 2010. It's report source is a query called Presenter Averages. I put the code for presenter averages in a previous post. It does not have any events that fire on it's own.

Upvote 0
We found it - it was a link between subreport and main report that was the problem (they really shouldn't have been linked).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back