How do you add IF-formulas in MS Access Table/Form List Box (or Auto-populate a list?)

Mabbie

Hi! I'm new at using MS Access. My team needed a task tracker that would encompass various task groups so I decided to use a Task Management template to create an MS Access database.

Under one task group, we have a number of sub-groups that currently keeps one excel file tracker each. For example: Task Group A, is further divided into sub-groups Apple, Amber and Alcove. Each sub-group keeps one excel file tracker (Apple Tracking sheet; Amber Tracking sheet; etc.), and each sub-group has a different set of tasks and members.

Since I'm replacing the handful of excel trackers with one MS Access database, I'm planning to use a form with list boxes where you select a group, and the selection for the sub-group auto-populates with the corresponding sub-group.

Ex: If I select Group A, in "Group"; the list/combo box for "Sub-group" should only show Apple, Amber or Alcove.

I've tried using Query, and it worked fine until I ran a report. Instead of showing "A" and "Apple", it showed the corresponding Key/ID number.

So I was wondering if instead of using Query, I can use an IF-statement/expression instead to accomplish my goal.

Would you know how this can be done?
Or would you know if I could have missed something when I did the Query that made numbers show up instead of the text?

THANKS!!!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back