Populate combo box from multiple fields

ExcelChampion

I'm trying to figure out how to write a query for the row source of a combo box.

In a table I have Fields: Prod1, Prod2, Prod3. Consider these the headers.

Let's say in Prod1 I have, "ABC", in Prod2 I have, "123", and Prod3 I have "XYZ". These are all in the same record (same row.)

I would like the combo box to be populated with a list of:
ABC
XYZ

A simple Select statement only populates the combo box with ABC, leaving the other two items left out.

In the row source, is it even possible to create a query statement that will show Prod1, Prod2, and Prod3 items in a list? The only way I can think to do this is to have the list values queried to a table under a single header (field) and then query from that. But that seems inefficient.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
it is possible ... but why do you have 3 products in the same row? What is the purpose of this table?

Upvote 0
Not sure what you're getting at but we have multiple products that need quoting. The table is a summary of said quote.

Upvote 0
I am suggesting that perhaps a related table with the products that need quoting would be better -- for storing data anyway. Much like an invoice can have many lines of detail. Then all the quoted products would be in one field instead of across 3 fields ... and what if you wanted to quote a 4th item ... add another field? That is not a good way to structure information. More time up front designing your tables will result in better performance and reporting capabilities.

Perhaps explain what you have a bit more so we can help you with this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back