Access Web App - Sort combo box Descending

dlz217

I have an Access Web App and I have a blank page with a combo box that references a list of dates in a table. These are month end dates. Access seems to automatically sort these in ascending order. I have tried referencing a query that sorts the dates Descending, but the combo box still has the list ascending.

Is it possible to override this?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
add a second combo to the form and set its record source to the query (which of course you have ensured sorts correctly).
See if it also sorts the same as the combo based on the table. DO NOT copy/paste the original control; start from scratch. I've read where web app combos and list boxes can stick with the original sort of their initial source and altering the source won't fix it. Like it won't let go of a fond memory, so to speak.

Upvote 0
Nope, the new combo box has the same issue.

Here's the query:

1.png

2.png

Here's the combo box setup:
3.png

And result:
4.png

Upvote 0
Well, you're one or two versions ahead of me, so at this point I can only guess and not test. Assuming you added a new control from scratch as suggested, what I would try are kind of 'shots in the dark' as follows, because I presume the usual compact/repair or recreate the form type of suggestions wouldn't help.

Perhaps the web version of the control ignores the query sort order because a)it is a date; or b) is affected by the data source sort (your table).
- sort the table by descending date if possible if it is not already in case that has an effect
- add a calculated field to the query that adds 1 to the date and sort on that field instead
- add a numeric field to the table with ascending values according to the order of your dates, add that field to the query and sort on that

Anything I read on this subject where the user had any success was based on not relying on the original query field to provide a working sort.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back