Modeloff Round 2 Case Study Time is Money

Stefyu89

Before everything, thanks to Modeloff team for having provided the questions for the rest of the world sooner than the previous editions of this championship. It's a valuable help in my apprenticeship of modeling and the corality spreadsheets are really well designed.

My question concerns the case study Time is money: how to compute the nominal exchange rate? Is it by multiplying the real exchange rate by (1+Eur inflation rate) and divided by (1+US inflation rate) ?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards,

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hey bit toooooo late but anyway and sincerely thanks for taking the time to answer to this problem and leaving your model on dropbox till now !!! Truly appreciated !!!!

Cheers
STEPHANE

Upvote 0
Hi all

Thanks for your appreciation for this, good to see that people are getting value for this, especially with MO coming up in a few weeks!

I received a message from canedu asking about my financial modelling background, however I got an error saying that their inbox was full, so here is my response here.

I am an accountant with a background in public practice (now in commercial), so I use Excel every day. When I found out and got interested in ModelOff and financial modelling, I started to challenge myself to use keyboard shortcuts to accomplish my day-to-day tasks. This practice really helped.

After doing a few past questions, my answers were often technically right but looked very different from the worked answers on the modeloff website. Seeing these helped me to understand more about financial modelling as whole separate style of spreadsheeting.

I did some other learning too: I found this book really helpful, especially with regards to some more non-intuitive concepts like monte carlos simulations. The library is great! https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Business-Modelling-John-Tennent/dp/1118095537

I did this training which was free when you enrolled in ModelOff 2015. Not sure if it's worth the sticker price unless you can get your employer to pay for it. I learnt some super Excel secrets about styles in particular. https://www.amttraining.com/online-learning/intro-to-financial-modeling/. I also went on a spree on the Excelisfun youtube channel (much more free).

Cheers
Marcus

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back