Excel corrupt files with BI models sometime. Help!

IlyaK

Hi everyone!
For a long time can't find a solution of this problem: while saving file with using BI, Excel makes fatal damages on the file:
attempt to open this file after save&close arise an error: "Can't find library or property" and lead to closing Excel.
Situation very sad because data in files isn't accessible - file isn't openable, make connection by Get&Transform is impossible.
This situation driving me mad, because it demand making backup copies every time I intend to make ctrl-S. :(

Environment description:
Files locates on net-storage (by MS Server), In file exist some VBA-code, not used in this session.
Version of MS Excel: MSO (16.0.4498.1000) 64-bit.
No third-side addons in Excel.

PS: may be there is some connection with subject:
Sometime while closing Excel, pop up a dialog with:
"You are changed personal book of VBA-macros. Save?" (this my inexact translation in English),
in spite of the fact that I haven't made any modification on this.
It's not a signal means that file now to be broken, but look some strange..

Many thanks for any help!
Regards, Ilya.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
"Can't find library or property"... Probably an Open_Event not well written and the library resource is not active in your Excel. That is probably the source of the attempt to change the personal macro workbook.

Data may be retrieved if you change the file extension to ".zip" and then look through the Table objects in the compressed "folder." (The .XLSX file extension is actually a compressed file folder of XML data.)

Upvote 0
Thanks for replay, but it would be right if this situation would be repeatable, but it is not. Corrupt of file occure absolutely random. There is no open_event there either.. :(

Upvote 0
Registered to respond. Try opening the file but do not click enable. Save it as an xlsx instead of xlsm. Worked for me.

Also FYI I'm on 64bit 2016 and it was stored on MS Server at one point. Macros in book had no open event so that root cause is not clear to me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back