Power View activated but no tab on ribbon

pivoteer

I am using Excel 2013 and have Power Pivot, Power Query and Power View activated.

There is a tab on the ribbon for both Power Pivot and Power Query, but none for Power View.

When I go into File > Options > Customize Ribbon, there is a tab in the list of Main Tabs under 'Customize the Ribbon' for all three apps, and the box next to each is checked.

How do I get the Power View tab onto the ribbon?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Power View used to be on the Insert tab, within a group called Reports. But they've removed it by default now, presumably because we're supposed to use Power BI for visualizations instead.

You can add it back to the Ribbon though. If you go to Customize Ribbon and choose Commands Not in the Ribbon, the command you need to add is called Insert a Power View Report.

Upvote 0
You are right, but it is not because you are "supposed" to use Power BI. Power View was effectively the prototype of Power BI. Power View is like version 0.1 and Power BI is currently in version 2.0.

I wouldn't use Power View because it is old and extremely limited in capabilities.

Upvote 0
You're not the guy who wrote the book, are you? Or perhaps just the same name.

Upvote 0
I'm glad you like it. I always appreciate a review on Amazon if you have a few minutes to spare.

What would the accompanying book be about? Are you saying same topic but more exercises (more than the original), or some other topic?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm glad you like it. I always appreciate a review on Amazon if you have a few minutes to spare.

What would the accompanying book be about? Are you saying same topic but more exercises (more than the original), or some other topic?

Perhaps a book that uses a different data source (other than AdventureWorks) and has a number of test questions asking you to write different measures. Kind of like to test your knowledge. And then an answer section at the back. Appreciate your book already has lots of exercises, but you can never have enough practice!

Upvote 0
Books are remarkably unprofitable (unless you are JK Rowling), so another is not high on my list :(. I will refresh my current book to a second edition however. (Refresh - not rewrite)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back