Power View 2016 'end of the input' error

hawkeyelisa

Hello. I was recently upgraded from Excel 2013 to Excel 2016. I have a Power Pivot file that works fine in 2013, but when I try to open it in 2016 I get errors in several calculated columns. The calculated columns are simple (measure 1 + measure 2 + measure 3) so it doesn't seem to be a syntax problem. I have checked the data format for all measures and they seem to be identical. I have tried to delete the impacted columns but since there are 2, I get caught in a 'loop' of error messages. (I delete one and get an error about the other column. I try to delete the other one first and get another error about he first column).
Were there any changes from PP 2013 to 2016 that would be impacting my file? Has anyone experienced an error like this?

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Tree is definitely new functions in 2016 that didn't exist in 2013, but that is unlikely to cause the problem. The issue could be with the measures and not the columns - it's hard to say. It it were me, i would delete 2 of the columns and then see if there is an error with the third. Read the error messages for clues to the issues.

In my experience, most uses of calculated columns (for self taught users) are not required and not optimum.
https://exceleratorbi.com.au/calculated-columns-vs-measures-dax/

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back