New Customer (under certain conditions) - How to ? DAX

Arnaud81

Hi Everyone,

It have been struggling with this for 2 days..

Case :

1 Date table (with Full date, Year, Month)
1 Product table (with Product = Product A, B, C, D, E....)
1 Sales Table (with CustomerKey, Unit,...)

X products (A, B, C, D,....).

Pivot Table : Rows = CustomerKey ; Columns = Months

1) I need to calculate the new customers for Product A. It can be done with the measure below (from SQLBI) when filtering the Pivot with Product A.

However, I don't want to limit the scope to Product A cause I have got another condition to take into account.

New Customer = at least 1 unit of Product A, and 0 unit of (Product B or Product C) since begining of the year.

How can I adapt the measure here below to achieve what I want ?

I tried to add another column to the ADDCOLUMN function (in the measure below) : YTD units of Product B and Product C and then filtering this new column to zero, but it does not help...

Code:
<code class="dax plain">[New Customers] := </code>
<code class="dax color2">COUNTROWS</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code>
<code class="dax spaces">    </code><code class="dax color2">FILTER</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code>
<code class="dax spaces">        </code><code class="dax color2">ADDCOLUMNS</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code>
<code class="dax spaces">            </code><code class="dax color2">VALUES</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code> <code class="dax plain">Sales[CustomerKey] </code><code class="dax parenthesis">)</code><code class="dax plain">,</code>
<code class="dax spaces">            </code><code class="dax string">"PreviousSales"</code><code class="dax plain">, </code><code class="dax color2">CALCULATE</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code>
<code class="dax spaces">                </code><code class="dax color2">COUNTROWS</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code> <code class="dax plain">Sales </code><code class="dax parenthesis">)</code><code class="dax plain">,</code>
<code class="dax spaces">                </code><code class="dax color2">FILTER</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code>
<code class="dax spaces">                    </code><code class="dax color2">ALL</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code> <code class="dax string">'Date'</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">)</code><code class="dax plain">,</code>
<code class="dax spaces">                    </code><code class="dax string">'Date'</code><code class="dax plain">[FullDate] < </code><code class="dax color2">MIN</code> <code class="dax parenthesis">(</code> <code class="dax string">'Date'</code><code class="dax plain">[FullDate] </code><code class="dax parenthesis">)</code>
<code class="dax spaces">                </code><code class="dax parenthesis">)</code>
<code class="dax spaces">            </code><code class="dax parenthesis">)</code>
<code class="dax spaces">        </code><code class="dax parenthesis">)</code><code class="dax plain">,</code>
<code class="dax spaces">        </code><code class="dax plain">[PreviousSales] = 0</code>
<code class="dax spaces">    </code><code class="dax parenthesis">)</code>
<code class="dax parenthesis">)</code>

2) And then I would like to calculate how many units of product A these new customers purchased since begining of the year and not only for the month they became a new Customer

Thanks a lot for your help

Arnaud

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
That's fine, I found out the solution.

I added another column in the ADDCOLUMNS function that calculates if there were sales for Product B and C before or during the month in the row context of the pivot table and then filtered this new column to 0 with the Filter function surrounding the ADDCOLUMNS function.

I also added a VALUES(Date(Year)) in both calculate functions in order to keep active my Year filter in my Pivot Table so what happened in 2016 is not taken into account for 2017.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back