Return and visualise a table from a filter selected in a matrix?

rodwhiteley

The reporting in our hospital's electronic medical record system is horrible, so I've exported some of the data, and I'm using Power BI to create reports and dashboards for the Physio department.

There are 2 main fact tables - one with all the encounters that patients have with doctors (fDr Appt below), and the same for encounters with physios (fPhysio Appt).
All patients have a GUID (their medical record number - MRN in the drawing of the simplified data model below) so both the Calendar and DISTINCT(fAppointments[MRN]) tables link the doctor appointments and physio appointment tables, similarly there's a table of distinct values for the physios and the doctors.

My aim for this task is to be able to display a table of all the doctors a selected patient has seen when a single value in a Patient list matrix (or other visualisation) is selected, otherwise return a blank table.

The selected MRN for the patient returns correctly with:
Selected MRN = SELECTEDVALUE(fPhysio Appt[MRN],BLANK())

But every attempt I've made to pass this Selected MRN back to the fDoctor Appointments table and then filter it to return only the doctors who have rows with a matching MRN is failing.
Clearly I'm misunderstanding something fundamental here regarding returning and visualising tables compared to scalars.

The idea would be, when the MRN is selected (in say the matrix below - MRN '01234') the adjacent table displays the filtered doctor appointment table with all the doctor names where MRN=Selected MRN (Dr Smith & Dr Death here)

Much kudos for any help,
Rod

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back