Cube Formula Help in PowerPivot

deharris

I have an Excel 2016 PowerPivot data model where I'm trying to find a member value based on whether 4 other member values exist. A sort if "if" statement. If Values A, B, C & D exist, bring me back value E. Value E can be 1 of three things based on values A-D being found. I've researched CUBEMEMBERPROPERTY but it doesn't seem to work with PowerPivot. To be clear, I'm looking for a label, not a number. I'm new to all the syntax for the more detail the better.

"Cube Formula"
"ThisWorkbookDataModel"
Values A-E all come from the same table.

thank you for any help.

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
There are NotEmpty and Exists parameters in MDX but I don't have expertise myself.

Assuming that A-D are variables and not hard-coded you could try this via slicers. Assuming that values A-D are possible values within the table set slicers for each of the fields. Next, put the values of the slicers into separate cells using CUBERANKEDMEMBER("ThisWorkbookModel",Slicer_A,1) etc. Assume you put that Slicer A formula into $A$3 etc. Finally select a measure and do an IFERROR(CUBEVALUE("ThisWorkbookModel","
.[Column A].[" & $A$3 & "]", "
.[Column B].[" & $B$3 & "]"... etc and end up with ,"[Measures].[MyMeasure]")) If there's an error then there's no value E. If there's not an error then you can trap for the preferred conditions of the statement to decide which value E to return.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back