"ALL" doesn't seem to work when I have filters inside my query

semidevil

I'm trying to do a time series line chart where I have 3 lines: 1 line for "Plan" state performance, 1 line for "Forecast" state performance. I have a main slicer that I can toggle for various states (i,e TX, AR, etc etc). I also want one more line, that is the "National" line, which is the country's average line. This should be 'fixed' and never change value as I toggle the different states in order to see "State" vs country average.

If I write the following measure without the filters in my query, it seems to work fine and my country line will ignore my state Slicer.

Measure= CALCULATE(SUM(Value),FILTER('Table1, Table1[Column1]="variable1"),FILTER(Table2,Table2[Column1]="variable2" || Table2[Column1]= "variable3"),ALL(Country[State]))

However, I need the filters in my query because line 1 and line 2 rely on a filter from a column to differentiate between "Actual" and "plan".

FILTER('Table1, Table1[Column1]="Actual")
and line 2 has
FILTER('Table1, Table1[Column1]="Plan")

I can't do a visual or page filter because that will change both lines.

Any way I can overcome this?

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I can’t make head nor tail of this. What do you mean by “query”? What are you trying to achieve?

This sort of thing is much easier if you can summarise your data structure and explain mechanically what you want with reference to specific columns.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back