Power Query makes Excel crash - can't access Data Model

phil134

Power Query makes Excel crash - can't access Data Model
Hi,

I think this may be Sharepoint related - my document was not initially synced to Sharepoint and worked fine - but not since it has been Synced.

Issue: Power Query set up to pull and transform data from External Excel file (in same part of directory) not working. Any instruction relating to the query (Refresh, Delete - yes I have tried Deleting the query and starting again!)...causes Excel to Crash. I can't even delete my Query!!!

My instinct seems to be that some of my items are in the Data Model (though not essential as I am not mashing and combining data). And it is when it tries to access this that it falls over. (eg. After I have "Deleted" the problem queries and press "Close and Load" in Power Query Editor - it is then that it crashes.

Coincidentally, the Green icon to access the Data Model has disappeared from view. So I can't access this in any way to try to manage items from there. I am in a 32 bit Business version of Office 365 Excel. In the UK you have to have Pro to have full access to Data Model / Power Pivot. But as Power Query seems to be part of the regular Non-"Pro" excel version, I would hope that Power Query would function okay regardless!!

I have tried to bypass any potential Sharepoint path issue by copying the data from the external file into the main file, and repointing the Query to these internal tabs. However, the M language query address seems to demand a full directory address, not just the relevant excel tab. So I don't think this is a workaround.

Minimum solution required:- the ability to Delete the offending queries.

Help!

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back