PowerQuery 2016 Compatibility with Excel 2013?

Mrpoopyface

I created a table using Power Query in Excel 2016.

When opening the file in Excel 2013 with PowerQuery 2.18, I get an incompatibility error message.

Is there a way to make the file compatible without having to update from PQ 2.18? (Updating is not an option here. We only have this one).

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Untested, but as far as I know, you will always get that message when opening a query in an older version of PQ (if it was designed in a later version). The message is just a warning and will not stop the query from refreshing (barring possible errors due to new functionality not available in the older version!)

So, my advice is that if you know you will be opening queries in an older version, design the new queries without using the new features. In other words, use only the features that are available in the older version. Although the warning will still pop up, the query will at least refresh without issues as the steps will be compatible with the older version (by design).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewmorgan128

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back