JannetteChristie

Board Regular
I have the following query:

let
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://www.deeplydigital-webservices.co.uk/dutypoint/wp/wp-json/dutypoint-api/v1/booster?flow_rate=3&flow_rate_volume_unit=L&flow_rate_time_unit=S&head_pressure=2&head_pressure_unit=BAR&pump_configuration=D/S
")),
#"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source),
#"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Value", {"name", "weight", "price", "efficiency", "efficiency_graph", "max_head_pressure", "tolerance", "tolerance_ok", "low_tolerance_finder", "head_pressure_graph", "power_consumption", "power_consumption_graph", "curves", "consumption_score", "model", "power_supply", "dwg_link", "pdf_link", "model_link"}, {"name.1", "weight", "price", "efficiency", "efficiency_graph", "max_head_pressure", "tolerance", "tolerance_ok", "low_tolerance_finder", "head_pressure_graph", "power_consumption", "power_consumption_graph", "curves", "consumption_score", "model", "power_supply", "dwg_link", "pdf_link", "model_link"})
in
#"Expanded Value"

How do I use vba to dynamically change the source and update the table data it produces ?

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
You may not need VBA..
1) Create this custom Power Query function
Code:
Function Name: fnGetNamedCellVal
Query code:
Code:
(ParameterName as text) =>
let
 ParamSource = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name=ParameterName]}[Content],
 Result = ParamSource{0}[Column1]
in
Result

2) Create a named cell...DataSource
3) Store your file sourc in that cell
eg: https:/ /www. deeplydigital-webservices.co.uk/dutypoint/wp/wp-json/dutypoint-api/v1/booster?flow_rate=3&flow_rate_volume_unit=L&flow_rate_time_unit=S&head_pressure=2&head_pressure_unit=BAR&pump_configuration=D/S
NOTE: Remove the spaces in that location...I put them in to prevent MrExcel from creating a hyperlink.

4) Begin your query this way:
Code:
let
       DataLoc = fnGetNamedCellVal("DataSource"),
       Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(DataLoc)),

If you change the DataSource contents, Power Query will use the new location in the query

Is that something you can work with?

Upvote 0
Thanks, all working now.

I'm hoping that you can help on another issue that I have - below is the current query code.

let

Parameter = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table2"]}[Content],
URL= Parameter{0}[Value],
Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(URL)),

#"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source),
#"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Value", {"name", "weight", "price", "efficiency", "efficiency_graph", "max_head_pressure", "tolerance", "tolerance_ok", "low_tolerance_finder", "head_pressure_graph", "power_consumption", "power_consumption_graph", "curves", "consumption_score", "model", "power_supply", "dwg_link", "pdf_link", "model_link"}, {"name.1", "weight", "price", "efficiency", "efficiency_graph", "max_head_pressure", "tolerance", "tolerance_ok", "low_tolerance_finder", "head_pressure_graph", "power_consumption", "power_consumption_graph", "curves", "consumption_score", "model", "power_supply", "dwg_link", "pdf_link", "model_link"})
in
#"Expanded Value"

How would I go about getting the column "head_pressure_graph" to actually show the data, it currently shows as List ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You should be able to click the "Expand" button (the double-headed arrow at the top of the column) and select "Expand to new rows"
Does that help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back